Bernal Heights Outdoor Cinema is proud to announce the first award of scholarships to deserving youth interested in pursuing film or video in their continuing education.
The recipients will be announced on August 29, 2013 during the Opening Night program of the 10th annual season of summer screenings.
Two categories for applicants:
- Filmmaker who has previous film production training and experience with a track record of participation in a completed film/video and has submitted a film to Bernal Heights Outdoor Cinema in previous or the concurrent season. Two (2) awards of $1,000 each will be given.
- Youth who has no or limited film/video experience but is inspired to produce a short video. Multiple awards of up to $250 will be given based on the application request and scope of proposed film/video.
To be eligible, all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be 12-18 years of age
- Have attended school in San Francisco
- Complete and submit an application
by the July 1, 2013 deadline
- Agree to submit a completed/film to
Bernal Heights Outdoor Cinema within the 12-month period of the award
- Special consideration given to Bernal Heights residents, youth with expressed financial need, youth with documented disadvantages
The application form must be submitted no later than 11:59pm on July 1, 2013.
Download the application here.
Mail the application to:
Mauricio Vela Youth Scholarship Committee
c/o 70 Montezuma Street,
San Francisco, CA 94110
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by
Sunday, July 1, 2013
Donate and support a young filmmaker. Choose Mauricio Vela Youth Film Scholarhip in the
"Allocate Funds" menu.